Oh, before I get started with the good stuff... I have to tell you. You know how there are tons of those people here that ride around in their horse and buggies? Well we got in a fight with one in Wal-Mart last week. They are called Mennonites. One of them approached my companion and I in Wal-Mart, just asking us where we were from and stuff like that. Well what started out as a good friendly conversation, had good potential for a bloody-nose! I got soooo mad and frustrated with this guy! He started out all nice and was talking about how he lived in Utah for a while and how he didnt like it because of the way that the teenagers talk out there. And that swearing is just a socially accepted thing. I was like dude, stop talking for like two seconds and I bet you will hear a swear word. Do you know where we are? hahaha Shoot I was like ok whatever. Well then I said I have a question for you. I asked him if he could tell me a little bit about his beliefs. Well, he began and went on for like 15 minutes and then when he stopped he started BASHING! on Joseph Smith and that is when my companion and I got all sorts of fired up! I was freaking out... but we both just kept our mouths shut as best we could. We defended but if we would not have been in Wal Mart I believe that a lot more would have been said.
After that we were sooooo frustrated and had the spirit of contention with us... it was lame! He challenged us to really study up and to do our research before we go out and preach false teachings, and that we are just putting on a show for two years and that we are big time sinners before and after our missions... yeah anyways... I'm just getting re-fired up.
On a good note, Rascal Flatts is coming out with a new CD! I saw it in Walmart the other day... sounds tight... you'll have to let me know how that goes!
I had a really really spiritual experience this week! We went over to the house of a family that is investigating. they are the Bautista family. They have been investigating for about four months and just never seem and feel like they are ready to be baptized. Elder Schults and I felt really strong that we should teach them about baptism and invited them to be baptized again. We taught a really powerful lesson! It was really really good then we got talking about how when we set a baptisimal date we are exercising our faith in God and He will help us feel ready for it. The Spirit was really really strong but they were a bit uneasy of the date that we set for them which was the 28th of April. So we asked them if we could say a prayer and ask God if this was the right day that they should get baptized. We all knelt in a circle and my companion prayed. It was really really cool and I got teary eyed the spirit was so strong. After, they told us that they felt the Spirit and that they will choose a date! It was really really cool! I can't wait to have another lesson with them. It is a mom, dad, and a 13 year old boy.
Sunday was a good day as well. The stake president came and he re-organized the branch presidency. It was really really cool. He called out the new president's name (which is President Lagos) and then his counselors. The Spirit was really strong in that meeting as well and I know that they are going to turn this area into one of the best in the mission! They are all about missionary work! It's amazing!
Monday we had this way freaking weird potato planting session at the church. I'm not sure why but I took lots of funny pictures that I'll have for you all to see later.
Right now I'm heading down to Richmond to do exchanges with the assistants to the president. I'm freaking stressed out because we will be doing that until late Friday night. I'm also really stressed because we wont be here to fully plan our baptism that we are having this Saturday between the second session and the priesthood session. I hope that all goes well but i'll let you know how this weekend goes. It should be an adventure to say the least!
I love you all with all of my heart and pray for you about ten times daily!
Les amo mucho! Estoy muy agradecido por todo lo que me dan! Espero que tengan una semana buena! Nos vemos!!!! >
Con mucho amor!
Elder Bishop
No comments:
Post a Comment